Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block)

Quote Reply
[NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block)
I've just finished a plugin to let you accept private messages from some users but not others *hallelujah*

If you have "Accept Private Messages" set to no in your profile then that takes precedence and users won't be able to send you any pms, but if you have it set to yes then you can enter a list of names in your profile and they will not be allowed to pm you.

I thought about allowing users to add a custom message that would be shown when someone in their blocked list tries to send them a pm but thought that could get ugly Wink

There is a little bit of html to add into user_profile_basic.html - that is just the textarea for the username list, apart from that it installs itself and runs itself.

Have fun.

Please click this before continuing:

Click Me

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 31, 2002, 9:09 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block) In reply to
If anyone downloaded a copy just now I'd re-download ...the bloody forum uses different input for the preview/reply forms than for the new private message form so I had to tweak it...ugh.

*Grr Jason*

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 31, 2002, 7:45 AM
Quote Reply
Awesome! I am going to try it now :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] [NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block) In reply to
C'est mon pleasuuuure
Quote Reply
slurp Cool

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Nice plugin Paul!

Thank you.....REALLY BIG THANK YOU!!!!Smile
Quote Reply
Thanx Paul, the plugins works fine, but tell me... is this an error?:

GT::Plugins (1976): Plugin pre do_message_send stopped further plugins. at C:/Documents and Settings/Acido/Mis documentos/Downloads/Comunidad/cgi/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 99

i get that when i try send a PM to a user who add me to the ignore list.

Outside this the plugin is EXCELLENT! Thanx again Wink

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [acidoinmetal] [NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block) In reply to
It looks like you have debugging on or something, its not an error it is telling you that my plugin called GT::Plugins->action( STOP ) which is correct.
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,
This is the French version of the html code for the user_basic_profile.html page :

<tr>
<td align=right valign=top>
<%body_font%>
Bloquer les messages privés de ces utilisateurs:<br>
<small>(un utilisateur par ligne)</small>
<%/body_font%>
</td>
<td>
<textarea name=block_pm class=button cols="<%user_cols%>" rows="<%user_rows%>" wrap=soft><%if block_pm%><%block_pm%><%endif%></textarea>
</td>
</tr>

As I posted for the user filtering system I have added wording to inform that this system filters messages in the discussions and not private messages. I feel that users may be confused otherwise as to what messages they are blocking and where. This is just my opinion though Wink

And thanks again Paul for the time you spent on this.

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] [NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block) In reply to
>>
I have added wording to inform that this system filters messages in the discussions and not private messages
<<

This one does filter private messages :) ....but the translated html looks right...thanks.

Last edited by:

Paul: Sep 2, 2002, 6:37 AM
Quote Reply
Yeah sorry got mixed up with your other little chef d'oeuvre for filtering users that I also posted html code for Wink

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Sorry, Paul, I had to break your "Click Me" link. Unsure

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
*** Note for staff : could you move this post to Paul's user filering plugin discussion please. ***

Paul,
I'm getting an error that looks as if it is coming from the blockuser.pm file ?

How I get the error :
On a public available message I created a link to a group only available message (obviously people who are authenticated don't get the error). When guests click on the link they get the log in page with a normal error message asking them to log-in to see the page followed further down the page by the below error.

The error message :
A fatal error has occurred:

Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum/Block_User.pm line 39.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
GForum (22316): Plugins::GForum::Block_User::flat called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 118 with no arguments.
GForum (22316): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 239 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_post_view_flat, CODE(0x11fcac), post_view_flat).
GForum (22316): GForum::_plg_do_func called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 230 with arguments
(post_view_flat).
GForum (22316): GForum::__ANON__ called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(post_view_flat).
GForum (22316): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 230 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_func, CODE(0x29a18c), post_view_flat).
GForum (22316): GForum::do_func called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum/Post/View.pm line 43 with arguments
(post_view_flat).
GForum (22316): GForum::Post::View::view called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 275 with arguments
(GForum::Post::View, post_view, HASH(0x3a0ab0)).
GForum (22316): GForum::_plg_do_func_2 called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 239 with arguments
(post_view).
GForum (22316): GForum::__ANON__ called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(post_view).
GForum (22316): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 239 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_post_view, CODE(0x11fcac), post_view).
GForum (22316): GForum::_plg_do_func called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 230 with arguments
(post_view).
(post_view).
GForum (22316): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GForum.pm line 230 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, do_func, CODE(0x29a18c), post_view).
GForum (22316): GForum::do_func called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi line 106 with arguments
(post_view).
GForum (22316): main::main called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with no arguments.
GForum (22316): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /localpath_to/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi line 22 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin/Plugins/GForum, main, CODE(0x31b48c)).

System Information
======================================
Perl Version: v5.6.1
Gossamer Forum Version: 1.1.8
GForum.pm version: 1.118
GT::SQL Version: 1.099
GT::Template Version: 2.084
DBI.pm Version: 1.30
@INC =
/localpath_to/cgi-bin/admin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/sun4-solaris
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/site_perl

Does this give you an idea of what is going on or do you need more info ??

John
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Sep 4, 2002, 8:31 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:

There is a little bit of html to add into user_profile_basic.html - that is just the textarea for the username list, apart from that it installs itself and runs itself.
Could you spell this bit out in words of one syllable for me please. I've downloaded and installed the plugin, but the technical half of our site is unavailable at present so it's down to me to actually make it work. .... I've made the whole site "read only" in the interim in case I really mess it up so a quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

P.S. Yes I did open the files to have a read and see if I could find the answer there = no. But this bit ..... "'uninstall' => 'Please don\'t uninstall me, what have I ever done to you?'," amused the heck out of me. Laugh

Last edited by:

bluesnavigator: Mar 30, 2005, 2:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [bluesnavigator] [NEW] PM Filtering plugin (aka PM Block) In reply to
Forget the above, I finally sorted out where it needed to go!