Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] ArchivePage v1

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] ArchivePage v1
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the release of ArchivePages.

More details: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/ArchivePage_L169/

Price: $50

What does it do?

Basically, it lets you create a dynamic (or static) version of your main posts, and all their categories. This gives your threads (which are most valuable in terms of SEO, as they contain the majority of valuable keywords) a better chance of getting spidered by the major search engines. An example can be found here (live on our site): http://www.ultranerds.com/...rum/make_archive.cgi

This plugin was developed upon request, but I'm sure the person who requested it wasn't/isn't the only one who needs/wants this feature on their site =)

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Post deleted by modifier In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] ArchivePage v1 In reply to
This is very nice plug-in. It would be even better if the page with so many links would split into more pages with no more than 100 links on one page. Google doesn’t like pages with more than 100 links. Well 150 would be ok I think, but 300 would be too much.
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] [NEW PLUGIN] ArchivePage v1 In reply to
Hi,

In Reply To:
This is very nice plug-in.

In Reply To:
It would be even better if the page with so many links would split into more pages with no more than 100 links on one page. Google doesn't like pages with more than 100 links. Well 150 would be ok I think, but 300 would be too much.

Yes, I'm looking at putting that feature in. Unfortunately, our site (main installation) doesn't have large numbers of links in any of our categories - so its quite hard to test. I'm going to try doing it on one of our DMOZ directory sites, which has a substantial number more links, so it can be tested thoroughly.

Alternatively, if you don't mind me testing it (in a safe environment) on your site, I would be happy to give you a free copy in return =) (the users of the site wouldn't even know I was doing any work =))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!