Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer AutoRespond : Pre Sales :

Gossamer AutoRespond

Quote Reply
Gossamer AutoRespond
Does this new script support sequential autoresponses? Like when the user sends an eMail to the auto responder and it sends back a message immediately and other predetermined messages on a schedule (eg: once a day for the next week or weekly for a month etc).

--

Kriis
Quote Reply
Re: [kriis] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
Hi,

Yes, this is exactly the idea. It sends an instant replies, and schedules you for followups. You can customize the delivery schedule (next week, next month, next year, etc).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
Is there a demo anywhere?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
probably already found this but ....

AutoRES

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
sexy!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
I hadn't found that...thanks.

The design is nice.
Quote Reply
Alex,

I am not understanding the must have appeal of AutoRespond. (I run a regionally based community/business web portal, so my perspective might be limited.)

I understand the use you described of following up with prospective clients. I can also envision it being used for trial period reminders and to send billing notices/reminders.

It would seem one very useful feature would be to generate messages based on the calendar date instead of the sign up date. Clubs, businesses, governments could use it to send meeting notices, payment notices, and other information based on calendar based dates.

There are two kinds of calendar dates. The 1st of the month or 3 days before the 1st of every month is one kind. The second would be the first Monday of the month or 3 days before the first Monday of the month.

Is there a way to integrate AutoRespond and the various calendar scripts available that have these features and avoid having two completely separate contact databases? Is there a GT Calendar script in the offing that make these features available in AutoRespond?
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading

Last edited by:

vanderen: Mar 23, 2002, 10:31 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
Hi,

Our main audience for Gossamer AutoRespond is at business sites. We've had dealings with quite a few businesses who offer free demo's, evaluation copies, free downloads, feedback forms, etc. Unfortunately, they don't have the manpower to properly followup with people who've downloaded the software or tried out a demo product. By using Gossamer AutoRespond, it automates the process, and provides that crucial followup which can mean the difference between someone purchasing your product, or someone moving on.

The second target for Gossamer AutoRespond is for community/portal sites that cater to businesses and want to offer this service to their business clients. A business would purchase the product if they want/require full control (i.e. ownership of leads, runs under their domain, etc), or they could signup at a business community site using Gossamer AutoRespond and use that autoresponder.

For the community site that doesn't cater to businesses, it's probably not a "must have". =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Quote:
... or they could signup at a business community site using Gossamer AutoRespond and use that autoresponder.

Alex, do you mean sign-up as a user then create their own autoresponders/time schedule and have mailings going out from the owners server?

If this is what you're describing, perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a couple other questions.

1. How are users registered within other programs (Links/DBMan, etc) limited on having access to AutoRes?

2. How does Admin establish limits on the number of responders? Ooops! Found that one ... default users = 20, I'd assume that can be modified per user.

3. Is there some sort of built-in time lapse on sending the messages? If there a good number of users, each with a handful of Autores's going out, that can create a substantial load on the server attempting to invoke sendmail for all of them at once. Like 100/5 sec or something. I didn't see anyplace to set a variable on the distribution rate.

4. Bounced mail - How is bounced mail handled? If an address is added incorrectly, will Admin have to manage bounced responders going to that address for the number of times the User has set-up automated distribution? (One bounced message returned on each of (up to) 20 mailings.)

5. Can it be set-up that the User would receive the bounced messages and have responsibility to remove the address from their list (found an area with stop list - is that per user or just an Admin function)?

Thanks Alex!
Quote Reply
Re: [Karen] Gossamer AutoRespond In reply to
Hi,

1. We don't yet have any tie in with other user systems. We could definately build a custom plugin for you.

2. Yes you can customize the number of followups allowed per user.

3. There is an outgoing script that sends all outgoing messages for that day. We recommend running it once or twice a day. It does not generate significant load on the mail server as it sends one at a time (for instance, freeautobot.com has 2.8 million leads, and it takes about two hours to send all outgoing messages for a day -- during that time, load on the server is < 0.5 typically).

4. No, bounced mail is handled automatically. If a lead bounces, it will mark the lead as "Bounce Stop", and not send further emails to that lead.

5. Possibly, but most users won't want this. Since it's done automatically, they can do a "Search Leads" and easily pull up all the bounced ones.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Thanks Alex ... took care of the questions I had!

~ Karen
Quote Reply
Hi,

Do you have plans for building a plugin for Gossamer Mail and Gossamer AutoRespond ?

Kind Regards,

Roberto