Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Pre Sales :

import from csv/txt files

Quote Reply
import from csv/txt files
Hi,

I am using LinksSQL, GT FORUM and GT Mail for quite a while now.

My question now is, can I do the following by using DBMan SQL and how difficult is this to set up?:
  • creating a product-database with ProductTitle, ProduktLink, ProductDescription, Price etc. (I think this will work)
  • import (add) this table-data from csv-style text-files manually and by cron (from a known location)
  • have an expire-date or date-offset (example: valid/viewable two weeks since uploaded/submitted)
  • let some selected user (agents?) upload their csv-files themself
  • abiility to define for every import-prozess where the needed fields are (import1: Price is in the first column, Title in the 3rd column / import2: price is in 8th column, Title in the second /etc.)

I hope I get a quick and detailed answer very soon.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] import from csv/txt files In reply to
Mmmh, it's interesting!

Staff Member of GT are posting to the DBMan SQL Discussion-Forum but they(he) don't answers questions in the Pre Sales forum.

Don't they want to sell their products???

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] import from csv/txt files In reply to
Hi,

Sorry, I must have missed this post!

Yes, DBMan SQL could accomplish most of this. It would take a little bit of work to polish it off though:

- You would need your own custom interface to handle users uploading text files manually.
- I would suggest writing a quick script to prune old entries and run that regularly through cron.

We could work with you on getting it working the way you want. Contact info@gossamer-threads.com with details and someone will get back to you asap.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.