Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Pre Sales :

Migrating to DBMan SQL from DBMan

Quote Reply
Migrating to DBMan SQL from DBMan
Hi,

We maintain a website for a client (www.parasolit.co.uk) which uses DBMan, although it has been heavily hacked for various additional functions. Because of scaling issues it is now time for them to migrate to DBMan SQL.

DBMan SQL v1 would appear to be the initial route to go for, followed by a future migration to DBMan SQL v2, because of the existing use of DBman (with config files etc.) and the need to implement SQL ASAP.

The main problem we have is that we must advise our client of the time required to migrate to DBMan SQL v1 (and subsequently to DBMan SQL v2) before they will make the go ahead decision; there does not appear to be an evaluation version of DBMan SQL available so we are unable to review the work involoved in migrating (bearing in mind the hacks that we have done to the original DBMan code).

So to cut this short:
  1. Is there an evaluation version of DBMan SQL?
  2. If not how do you suggest that we approach this as our client will not buy DBMan SQL until they have a confirmed timescale (and we can confirm that migration is relatively straightforward)?

Best regards,

John Miller, Glideslope Software
Quote Reply
Re: [glideslope] Migrating to DBMan SQL from DBMan In reply to
I found your post and it made me curious, how is possible to upgrade from DBMan to DBMan SQL 2?
I checked in the online demo.

Yes, it is possible.
Go to Admin/Tables/Load Table/ and select From the previous version of DBMan.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...bsql/admin/admin.cgi

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...