Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Pre Sales :

Email Alerts

Quote Reply
Email Alerts
Is it possible for users to sign up for email alerts/notifications when something they are interested in has been added to the database?

Also, one other question - what are the principle difference between this application and the regular DBMan (um ... in "dumbed-down" terms if you don't mind Smile)?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [avum] Email Alerts In reply to
I've noticed that a lot of questions go unanswered here. How is that possible? This is for sales!
Quote Reply
Re: [avum] Email Alerts In reply to
Hi Avum,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, the traffic in this forum is low, hence we sometimes miss new posts here for some time.

It is not possible by default for email alerts/notifications to be sent out when a saved search by a user finds a match in a new addition to the database. We've done this as custom work for a client, but it was on Links SQL rather than DBMan SQL.

The principal difference between DBMan and DBMan SQL is that the SQL version uses an SQL database whereas the regular DBMan uses a flatfile database, the major implication being the sheer amount of data that each type of database can handle, the SQL database having much larger capacity.

Let me know if you have any further questions at all, if you wish to talk specifics as to your project and costs, etc., please PM me instead.

Thanks,

Jack.