Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Pre Sales :

DBMan SQL - GT library updates

Quote Reply
DBMan SQL - GT library updates
Alex, Staff,

I plan to buy DBMan SQL probably within the next year, because I'm sure this will be the best appication for my planned service.

My question:
Will DBMan SQL kept upgraded to use the latest GT library in the future?

The up-to-date GT library is critical to be able to create good plugins for it.
And as I saw, the last release of DBMan SQL was on Oct 11, 2002, almost 2 years ago Frown

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Sep 13, 2004, 7:41 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] DBMan SQL - GT library updates In reply to
Hi,

Yes, we do have a minor release planned to update the GT libs to the latest version and ensure mod_perl compatibility with our other applications.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] DBMan SQL - GT library updates In reply to
Great Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Does the DBMan SQL license allow me to buy a "used" license?
For example if somebody doesn't need it anymore, and I want to buy it for cheaper price?
Will the registration moved to my name?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Hi,

Yes, you are free to sell the software if you no longer needed provided:

1. You don't keep any original copies
2. You can't use the forums to advertise copies for sale or to buy.

It's important that you update the registration info with us after you purchase to ensure you'll get access to upgrades and plugins.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Quote:
Yes, you are free to sell the software if you no longer needed provided
No, I don't want to sell. I don't have DBMan SQL yet. I would want to buy one sometime, except that I don't have the full $350. So I will have to buy a cheaper "used" one, or wait until the full $350 will be together.

Quote:
1. You don't keep any original copies
2. You can't use the forums to advertise copies for sale or to buy.

It's important that you update the registration info with us after you purchase to ensure you'll get access to upgrades and plugins.
Thanks, that's fine.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Last DBMan SQL version, v2.1.0 was released in 2002...
There was no new version released since 4 years...

Now, that I'm registered user of DBMan SQL, I believe I can claim to have a DBMan SQL update with latest GT library.

When do you plan to release a GT library update for DBMan SQL?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When do you plan to release a GT library update for DBMan SQL?

I need it as soon as possible.
Quote Reply
Re: [katakombe] DBMan SQL - GT library updates In reply to
I would also need it.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Me too please!
Quote Reply
We are waiting since 2004 (3 years!!!) just to have an update of GT libraries into DBManSQL.
Last DBManSQL release was in 2002 (5 years ago!!!) .

I need the new features of the GT::Template, and only the latest GT library gives me this feature.
Please release at least a GT library update for DBManSQL.

Thanks,
Webmaster33

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Nov 30, 2007, 3:55 AM
Quote Reply
The bad news are: there is still no reply from GT
The good news are: as soon as there is a reply - and hopefully a new version - we all will be astonished

Quote:
hope springs eternal

Regards

n || i || k || o
Quote Reply
Re: [el noe] DBMan SQL - GT library updates In reply to
It would have been a great Christmas gift to have a new DBManSQL version for my new website.
A service release... Just a small GT lib update, and the latest bug fixes, is it so big request?

Unfortunately this will be another year without a new DBManSQL release under the Christmas tree :-(
I would have been soooo happy..... But no reason now.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support