Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

rollback()

Quote Reply
rollback()
I picked up this thread in the LinksSQL Forum...

>No, but if you don't call disconnect() first, you will see errors in your error_log like:

>Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect().

>You should always call disconnect() before you destroy a database handle. This is very important on other databases like Oracle, MS SQL 7, but not so on mysql (you just get warnings).

I too am getting this error in my error_log at:

>Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect() at [snip]/db.cgi line 83.

The thread I snipped this from talked about running two LinksSQL databases together, but I am just running dbsql and another unrelated mysql database, each has their own name.

Just so I don't mess something up, where should I put the disconnect call and what would the proper format be?

--Stephen

Quote Reply
Re: rollback() In reply to
Is this not a valid tech support question? I have an error log which dbman is loading with hundreds of error messages a day. I'd like to fix this.

If the answer is go read the mySQL manual then that's fine, just let me know. Thanks! --S.

Quote Reply
Re: rollback() In reply to
I have the same problem with Links SQL where I am using four different databases in three different systems in my site...I applied the disconnect codes posted in the Links SQL Discussion Forum awhile back, but they don't work.

May be Alex can post a definitive answer to avoid these errors.

Regards,

Eliot Lee