Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

pulldown select fields

Quote Reply
pulldown select fields
Hello,

I have a db select field that I use which is built from a second relational table called Categories. This works fine when adding records. However when I go to modify existing records something doesn't quite work right - here's the scenario :
If I search for a record to modify and it is a direct hit (1 record) - no problem, in the Modify Record form the db select field is already properly selected.

However if I do a search to modify and come up with a multiple hit list and then check the record I wish to modify, in the Modify Record form all the existing fields for that record are filled in as they should be with the exception of the db select field - the pulldown list is on the default "---" and I must re-select the proper option then hit the modify record button. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
easy does it
Quote Reply
Re: [Bearwithme] pulldown select fields In reply to
<bump> TheStone or Jean?
easy does it
Quote Reply
Hi,

Could you send me the link to that page? I'll take a look and help you to fix it.

Cheers,

Jean
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] pulldown select fields In reply to
Quote:
Could you send me the link to that page? I'll take a look and help you to fix it.

Thanks Jean...Info has been sent to your email.
Many thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to give.
easy does it
Quote Reply
This is easily accomplished with JavaScript. Radio buttons, too. I'm interested in jean's reply, though, since JavaScript is not always enabled on client machines.
Quote Reply
hello Bearwithme

put

Code:
sub { my $tags = shift; my $table = $DB->table('Database_name'); my $sth = $table->select (['column']); my $output = '<select name=select_name multiple>'; while (my $row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) { $output .= '<option value='.$row->{column}.'></option>'; } $output .= '</select>'; return $output; }

and call by global_var

then you put <%global_var%> at the place where the select field have to been

BY hoefti

<- German dbmansql User ->
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] pulldown select fields In reply to
Thanks Hoefti,

Building the select field wasn't the problem...But I've fixed what the problem was. Thanks for your input though.
easy does it
Quote Reply
Rear one for the SQL version is everything differently and more with difficulty I hopes you somewhat assistants to have

By hoefti

<- german dbmansql User ->

Translater with http://world.altavista.com/

Wink
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
So what was the problem and how did you fix it? I'm in suspense...