Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

my understanding of dbman

Quote Reply
my understanding of dbman
I am trying to use dbman so I could manipulate a vbulletin database. I placed the database name in the setup, tried to load the table but I get this error

Can't import data: Could not create table 'user'. Reason: It already exists

when I try to login it tells me

vbulletin: Error

Table vbulletin has yet to be setup.

Can someone give me a startup lead please?

Quote Reply
Re: [buca] my understanding of dbman In reply to
That means you need to setup the table first. Go to Admin panel, choose your right table and Setup and configure all properties for the table.

If a table exists, DbSql will load this table automatically and next step is just configure all table properties (i.e. user permissions, templates...)

Cheers,

Jean(at)Gossamer-Threads.Com
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] my understanding of dbman In reply to
That's just it. Tables exists but is not being loaded. When I select load table user from the vbulletin db, I get:

A fatal error has occured:
Can't import data: Could not create table 'user'. Reason: It already exists

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

and on existing tables I only have what came in with software: Sample, Home, and Gallery
Quote Reply
It looks like that table exists on the current database, you just need to create a new table with a same name by Tools >> Create Table and it'd be fine, or if you like to import to a new table, you should choose the option Save as with a new name.

Cheers,
Quote Reply
yes, the table exists but why can't I see it in the editor?
Quote Reply
Every tables has a def file which helps the Dbsql to handle its tables in the best way, so you need to use Create Table (with a same name if exists) to get a new def file and then need to setup the table to add this table properties in the table list.

Cheers,

Quote Reply
ok thank you. I did that and I see them now. Is there any litterature on how to use this?