Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

flatfile to dbmanSQL v.1

Quote Reply
flatfile to dbmanSQL v.1
I am trying to update site from a flatfile version of dbman to dbman SQL v.1. The reason I want to use v.1 is that I have the impression that I can use the html.pl file from the current site. Converting to v.2 seems to include a lot of work regarding the layout/html part af dbmanSQL.
My problem is that when I try to run the nph-setup.cgi from the browser to make the sample site I get this error:
The attempt to load 'Accessing URL: http//127.0.0.1/dbsql2/nph-setup.cgi' failed.
And the apache error log say:
[Fri Dec 20 10:44:46 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of /Volumes/G4 Disk 4/MIC/dbMan_ny/dbman-sql/nph-setup.cgi failed

When I run the same file from the commandline it works OK.

When I try to run db.cgi from the browser after I have run the nph-setup.cgi it gives me a 500 Internal Server Error. In the error log for Apache I get this:
[Fri Dec 20 11:10:25 2002] [error] (2)No such file or directory: exec of /Volumes/G4 Disk 4/MIC/dbMan_ny/dbman-sql/db.cgi failed
[Fri Dec 20 11:10:25 2002] [error] [client 192.168.1.100] Premature end of script headers: /Volumes/G4 Disk 4/MIC/dbMan_ny/dbman-sql/db.cgi

I have checked permissions on the directory and the files and tried both 777 and 755 on all.

I have checked the path to perl.

I have checked the paths in the error_log and thay are all OK

I have tried some other perl scripts in the same directory and they works fine.

My test setup is a Mac OSX 10.2 with Apache and MySql. (The system is based on Unix (FreeBSD)). The working site will be placed on a Linux server but I can not test theese problems on the Linux now.
Quote Reply
Re: [nielsp] flatfile to dbmanSQL v.1 In reply to
I have just found a solution to my problem. If I after the path to perl write "-w" everything works. I don't know why this works but if anybody has the eksplanation I would appreciate if you would write a note about it here.

Happy New Year
Quote Reply
Re: [nielsp] flatfile to dbmanSQL v.1 In reply to
I am not sure who you are, but I just wanted to post a thank you for helping me solve a problem for which I had no solution. Your -w idea solved a problem I have been having for 2 weeks.... @ characters kept me from working for 2 weeks. Thank you again.
Quote Reply
Re: [huricnz] flatfile to dbmanSQL v.1 In reply to
I am just a guy who was lucky to find a sollution to a problem that was driving me mad.

I am happy it worked for you too.

Smile

Last edited by:

nielsp: Jan 29, 2003, 11:28 PM