Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

email bug?

Quote Reply
email bug?
I was wondering if there are any known bugs in the Mass Email function when inserting field tags into the email template (or even without a template)? When I send something like:

Your username is: <%username%>
Your password is: <%password%>
Your email address is: <%email%>

... the message is sent, but the tags are not being replaced. I've tried sending under both text and html modes as well as capitalizing the first letter of the tag (ie. <%Username%>, since that is how the fields appear in MySQLMan... but with no luck. I've not done any tweeking to the user database.
Quote Reply
Re: [xfizz] email bug? In reply to
Hi,

You can use <%variable%> in your message. I think that you should create a plugin to send email or you can use the Global template. Here is the _send_mail subroutine

sub _send_mail {
my $home = shift;
use GT::Mail;

my $msg = "User name: $home->{cgi}->{username}\n Password: $home->{cgi}->{password}";
GT::Mail->send (
sendmail => $home->{glb_cfg}->{db_mail_path},
to => $home->{cgi}->{email},
from => $home->{glb_cfg}->{db_admin_email},
subject => 'whatever',
'Content-type' => 'text/html',
msg => $msg
) or die "Error: $GT::Mail::error";
}

Cheers,
TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] email bug? In reply to
I tried this (Above) and all the other stuff that used to work on my other test server (Its gone now :( ) (But my admin e-mails work fine, using smtp ip address for local machine)

Anyhow I get this when adding above test to home.pm

Can't locate object method "send" via package "GT::Mail" (perhaps you forgot to load "GT::Mail"?) at Dbsql::Home::just_test line 6.

Also tried to make global template, and I just get this:

A fatal error has occured:
Unable to compile 'email'. Reason: Can't locate GT/Text/Tools.pm in @INC (@INC contains: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/dbman/admin C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/dbman/admin/GT/Mail/Parts.pm line 18.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/dbman/admin/GT/Mail/Parts.pm line 18.Compilation failed in require at c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/dbman/admin/GT/Mail.pm line 25.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:/inetpub/wwwroot/cgi-bin/dbman/admin/GT/Mail.pm line 25.Compilation failed in require at (eval 11) line 3.BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 11) line 3.

Quote Reply
Re: [Suomi] email bug? In reply to
Hi,

I guess that text::tools was missing. Could you give me your email address, I'll send it to you.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Mar 27, 2002, 9:03 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] email bug? In reply to
Hello The Stone

Please sent it to me too

My Error like this

Unable to compile 'send_mail'. Reason: Can't locate GT/Text/Tools.pm

Send it to eastwood123@gmx.de

many thanks