Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

User Browse Log access

Quote Reply
User Browse Log access
I really like the "Browse Log" feature and want to give my logged in users access to this item (so they can keep track of record modifications, log-ins, etc). How do I allow them to view the Browse Log but only for their username?

And possibly an additional item, add a bit of text that says, "You last logged in x days ago" or the date that they last signed in.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [LanceWilson2] User Browse Log access In reply to
Does this work?

• Go to the admin section and click on 'Create Table'

• choose the existing log table as the table name (this will be something like myusers_log)

This should/could/might import the table in dbman, so you can access it through the software. Let me know if it works...

Good luck, Jasper

http://www.bookings.org
Quote Reply
Hi,

The only way to handle this feature is creating a plugin which allows users view/delete their browse log. You can absolutely build it with knowledge of Perl programming and understanding how plugin works.

If you'd like us to do this job, please feel free contact us at info@gossamer-threads.com.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Dec 27, 2002, 10:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jaspercram] User Browse Log access In reply to
I did not try it but can tell you right now that it will not allow me to create a table of an existing table in the SQL server. Thanks for the willingness to help although.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I did not try it but can tell you right now that it will not allow me to create a table of an existing table in the SQL server
Do you mean MS SQL Server? Is that a bug in DBMan SQL that GT knows? It does work with a PostgreSQL Server.

You could try to create a new installation of DBMan SQL using MySQL, then create an existing table and finally copy the resulting def file to the live version of DBMan SQL.

Jasper

http://www.bookings.org