Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Tables
Hi,
I just installed DBMan-SQL and I have a couple of questions.

1/ I take it the chmod settings are the same as DBMan but how about the nph-setup.cgi??

2/ I want to create multiple tables that are associated by the same userid. Do I have to install a seperate set of DBMan-SQL files for each table? A brief outline would be most appreciated.

3/How do I get the contents of multiple tables to show up on one view_records page (e.g all the info for one userid from multiple tables)?

I'm sure I will have more questions later but this will keep me busy for a while.
Thank you.
Simon.

Quote Reply
Re: Tables In reply to
1) Yes...all the .cgi files need to be 755 (rwxr-xr-x) - Yet since you asked this question...Do you REALLY have DBMAN SQL installed? Wink

2) No. All you have to do is modify the codes to access the table in the database where you want to associate data.

3) You will have to "call" the data from the different tables where you have the data stored.

BTW: I would highly recommend downloading and installing MySQLMan to maintain your tables.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot,
Thanks for your reply.

1/YES, I do REALLY have DBMan-SQL installed and I have the nph-setup.cgi chmod to 755. I just wanted to check the correct setting for this one file.

2/ So we only have one set of files??
How do the users add to each table?
What if we have different permissions?

I have MySQLMan installed and I also have the same kind of functions on my web server. I understand how to build the tables. I'm just not clear about how to set up multiple add/modify/delete for each table. If I only have one set of files wouldn't it involve a lot of modification to suite each table.
I'll give you an example.
If we have 4 tables - Company, Staff, Products, Orders
and we want to be able to add/modify/delete each table individually wouldn't we at least need a .cfg, html.pl
for each table?

Please explain in more detail how to get things set up.
Thank you.
Simon.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
So we only have one set of files??
Yes.

In Reply To:
How do the users add to each table?
Use different subs in the html.pl file for the different databases for adding, deleting, and modifying.

In Reply To:
What if we have different permissions?
Use the permission conditional statements located in the sub main routine in the html.pl to call the different add, modify, and delete forms.

In Reply To:
and we want to be able to add/modify/delete each table individually wouldn't we at least need a .cfg, html.pl
for each table?
You would need a separate .cfg file for each table to define the fields in each table. But you can use one html.pl file...just add new subs for adding, deleting, and modifying data for the different tables.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot Lee