Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Searching on Indexed Field

Quote Reply
Searching on Indexed Field
OK, I need some help. I have a single database with several tables, however, some of the tables are used for one database and some are used for another. In one database, searching on an indexed field works fine. On the other, no luck at all!

I've went through the problem in great detail and provided everything that you should need to assist me. Please help. I've posted the complete problem description at:

http://www.cheresources.com/problem/problem.htm

Sincerely,

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: [cheresources] Searching on Indexed Field In reply to
Quote:
OK, I need some help. I have a single database with several tables, however, some of the tables are used for one database and some are used for another. In one database, searching on an indexed field works fine. On the other, no luck at all!

I am a bit confused...you state that you have ONE database, then you state the following:

Quote:

, some of the tables are used for one database and some are used for another.

Do you mean that some tables are related to others and some are not???
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] Searching on Indexed Field In reply to
Sorry for the confusion. You're correct. There is one database, but some tables are related and some are not.
Quote Reply
Re: [cheresources] Searching on Indexed Field In reply to
I am unclear what problem you are experiencing since I ran through the tests you requested and results seem to show just fine (in querying both tables)....

Have to think of tables as tables, not separate databases...need to think away from a flat file system...hehe!

It is unclear through your problem description what the problem is.

What is the "ideal" results you want to receive from the Contacts database???
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me