Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Multiple database?

Quote Reply
Multiple database?
A dump question, were DBMan SQL support multiple database. I means, from the demo, I can't see an option to change to other database.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Reply
Re: Multiple database? In reply to
It is meant to work with MULTIPLE Tables within one MySQL database, not multiple databases.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks.
I'm using the same termonology of DBMan.

So, it should work with multiple table, right? And where can I have a demo on change table? Thnaks in advance.

Quote Reply
You should use MySQLMan to manage your MySQL tables. The current version of DBMAN lacks this utility. But the newer version of DBMAN will include common libary modules as other GT products and also the MySQLMan application.

In the meantime before the next version is available, you should download and install the MySQLMan application linked in the Products section of this site.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thamks again for your prompt response. I've tried MySQLMan before and now I'm using both MySQLMan and PHPmyAdmin. What I need is a good scripts that will make the management of database(Table, more precisely) easy. Since I'd like my friend can use it without know anything about technical terms. The demo version of DBMan looks good, but it can only handle one table, which is not flexible enough.

Would there any good scripts for this?

Quote Reply
Uh DBMAN is NOT for managing MySQL - that is what MYSQLMAN does.

In Reply To:
What I need is a good scripts that will make the management of database(Table, more precisely) easy.
Well you AREN'T going to find any scripts better than MySQLMan and PhpMyAdmin so I suggest you learn how to use them.

Paul
Installations:http://wiredon.net/gt/
Support: http://wiredon.net/forum/

Quote Reply
I'm using those 2 great script now. But I really need to find an easy one for non-technical people in the office to add/remove/modify the database easily without learning those jargons.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Edit the MySQLMan template files. All the HTML is contained in the template files.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yup, why didn't I think of this! Thansk for your reminder.Smile

Quote Reply
Don't know...pretty obvious solution...Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee