Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Anybody Got it To Work?

Quote Reply
Anybody Got it To Work?
Has anybody got the upload mod to work in Dbman SQL and kindly refer me to whom this may be?

We are absolutely at wits end on this and I would have thought more people would have been implementing a photo/image into their database. I have posted enough on this subject.

We will even pay to have this working. (Must work on Windows NT/2000 and Unix.)

Thank you.

(PS - my 2cents - if Alex is making changes to the scripts, easy configs and use of photos/images in these databases/LinksSQL would, I believe, welcome by many.)

Quote Reply
Re: Anybody Got it To Work? In reply to
There are already FILE UPLOAD (IMAGE/ATTACHMENTS) MODS available for LINKS SQL. Read the MANY threads in the Links SQL forums...

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
But has anybody got it to work on DBMansSQL? As I said, I would pay.

Quote Reply
No...I don't believe. But with the new DBMAN version, it shouldn't be difficult to share MODS between GT products.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Is this the updated SQL version Eliot - From 1.00 - 1.02? What are the changes and why shouldn't it be difficult to share mods between GT products?

Quote Reply
Thank you Eliot.

Assume you mean upgrade beyond existing ver 1.02

When do you expect the NEW DbmanSQL upgrade to occur?? We have a project that would benefiit from this upload function and we have expectations to go live with our project by August.

Do you expect this upgrade / feature by July??

Many thanks for your help.

Regards
John

Quote Reply
Yes, I mean upgrading to their newest BETA and then STABLE version when it is available.

I am not sure when it will be available as GT is working very hard on stabilizing Gossamer Mail and also fixing bugs in Links SQL. I believe that there was an announcement in the Announcements about two weeks ago about the pending release of the new DBMAN SQL version.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Philip,

The reason that the new products of GT are easy to modify is that they will all share common module/library (PM) files, so the core of each of the products will be the same, meaning that you can easily call resources from the modules in all the products.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Oh ok. Thanks for that Eliot.

Quote Reply
Hi,

We expect go live with DBMan SQL 2 middle of next week. Within 2 weeks after that we should see File Uploads be a built in type to both Links SQL and DBMan SQL. What this means is that you go to your database and select Add a Column, and set the form type to FILE. You can now attach/retrieve files easily.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Any more progress on this Upload feature??

Many thanks Alex.

Regards