Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Images without 1- 2- 3-....

Quote Reply
Images without 1- 2- 3-....
Morning...
I succesfully cretaed image upload... now all my images go to certain folder. One thing, I would like to speed the process, is have the images not show 1- 2- 3- or ID number. Is this possible, since I have tons of images I would like to load. rateher than individually uploading each image? Should I go public folder thing? (Ireally dont want to, but if this help the speed of the queries, I will?)Blush
Quote Reply
Re: [Suomi] Images without 1- 2- 3-.... In reply to
Not sure if i got you right. Query speed should not be different with or without images.
Is your issue how to bulkload images? If so i suggest loading the table data using dbmansql and uploading the images using ftp.

Regards Henning
Quote Reply
Re: [ktt] Images without 1- 2- 3-.... In reply to
Thanks... uploading is the issue. See if I upload the images, DBMan wont find them unless I change the filename??? for example, test.gif wont show, but 1-test.gif will (If I use the upload from browser its fine...)
I just try to save some time, without renaming everything?
Quote Reply
Re: [Suomi] Images without 1- 2- 3-.... In reply to
Well, that is how it works.

You would need to serialize your filenames with the ids. As a windows user i would do something like using excel to create the ids, merge it in excel with the real names, output to csv, regex it in the editor to build a batch file with a rename command for each file...thats it.
The same excel file may serve as the input for the sql table, after saving as csv.
I know unix users would laugh out loud. They would probably build an awk or shell script...

Regards, Henning
Quote Reply
Re: [ktt] Images without 1- 2- 3-.... In reply to
Thanks....