Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Using templates to generate "Static Pages"

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [jean] Using templates to generate "Static Pages" In reply to
Hi

Still working on this - after initial tests, it's not working. I also tried TheStone's plug in. Will keep testing and revert with more details.

Don't know if coincidence, but I can only include one additional subroutine in home.pm that works.

Again - still testing

PS - Using Windows2000 with Apache for local development
Quote Reply
Hi Jean and TheStone

Well - I installed the ShowPage plugin written by TheStone. It did not work on the Windows 2000 / Apache, but did work on the Unix box.

Will try some more.

Regards & Thanks

John
Quote Reply
Re: [gatman] Using templates to generate "Static Pages" In reply to
Hi,

I just tested it on Windows 2000/Apache, it works fine. Are you sure that your link is right?
The link should be:
- db.cgi?db=<%db%>&do=home&page=file_name.html : it's going to execute the 'home' subroutine in ShowPage plugin
- or db.cgi?db=<%db%>&do=home: execute the 'home' subroutine in Home.pm

Cheers,

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jan 8, 2002, 4:30 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Using templates to generate "Static Pages" In reply to
Hi

I uninstalled, deleted and reinstalled your ShowPage.tar plug in. Then tried links per instructions. Still same error as before

<!-- a href="db.cgi?<%ifnot use_cookie%>sid=<%session_id%>&<%endif%>do=details&db=<%db%>" -->
<!-- a href="db.cgi?db=<%db%>&do=home&page=more_details.html">More Details</a> -->
<!-- a href="db.cgi?db=<%db%>&do=home">More Details</a> -->
<a href="db.cgi?do=home&page=more_details.html&db=<%db%>">More Details</a>

That's it - nothing else going on. Did I miss something?

Thanks - John
Quote Reply
Hi,

That's weird Unsure. All right, let do it again:
- Uninstall and delete ShowPage plugin.
- Goto Plugins - Plugin Download: install ShowPage.tar
- Plugins - Plugin Manager: Hit 'install' link.
- Create a link: db.cgi?db=<%Sample%>&uid=default&do=home&page=file_name.html

Cheers,

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jan 9, 2002, 9:18 AM
Quote Reply
Nope - did all (again). Error as follows

Unknown Tag: 'sample': Error

Unknown Tag: 'sample': Error

Invalid database Unknown Tag: 'sample' requested (Def file does not exist)

Link code:

<a href="db.cgi?db=<%sample%>&uid=default&do=home&page=more_details.html">More Details</a>

sample table does exist - I also swapped this out with another existing table <%captains%> and again <%db%>

-----------------------------

I might take a deep breath, and come back to this over the weekend.
Post deleted by TheStone In reply to
Quote Reply
Hi,

In your links the param db should be :
db=<%db%> # this will replace the tag db with current database name
or
db=your_db_name

Regards,
jean@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Hi jean

Nope - error as follows

captains:error
Invalid Action.

<a href="db.cgi?db=captains&uid=default&do=home&page=more_details.html">More Details</a>

Don't know if this is related, but after receiving this error, hitting back button and trying same link again, I got following error

Stack Trace
======================================
Dbsql (720): Dbsql::Home::AUTOLOAD called at Dbsql::Home::search_results line 3 with arguments (Dbsql::Home=HASH(0x17ff168), You don't have permission to view).Dbsql (720): Dbsql::Home::search_results called at f:/webwork/testing/htdocs/cgi-bin/dbsql/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 150 with arguments (Dbsql::Home=HASH(0x17ff168)).Dbsql (720): GT::Plugins::dispatch_method called at f:/webwork/testing/htdocs/cgi-bin/dbsql/admin/Dbsql/Home.pm line 75 with arguments (GT::Plugins, f:/webwork/testing/htdocs/cgi-bin/dbsql/admin/Plugins/Dbsql, search_results, Dbsql::Home=HASH(0x17ff168), search_results).Dbsql (720): Dbsql::Home::process called at f:\webwork\testing\htdocs\cgi-bin\dbsql\db.cgi line 29 with arguments (Dbsql::Home=HASH(0x17ff168), in, GT::CGI=HASH(0x35910a0), sql, Dbsql::Fake=SCALAR(0x1ab6f3c), cfg, Dbsql::Config=HASH(0x1ab9630)).Dbsql (720): main::main called at f:\webwork\testing\htdocs\cgi-bin\dbsql\db.cgi line 22 with no arguments.
Quote Reply
Hi gatman,

is http://www.gatman.com/cgi-bin/dbsql/db.cgi?do=home&page=photo_large2.html&db=Captains yours? It work fine, so what's problem?

Cheers,

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Hi,

The weird thing here is search_results sub is called somewhere . Assuming that you added some custom codes for your default user , you should get rid of param &uid=default in the link and try again.

Regards,
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi gatman,

is http://www.gatman.com/cgi-bin/dbsql/db.cgi?do=home&page=photo_large2.html&db=Captains yours? It work fine, so what's problem?

Cheers,

TheStone.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,

The weird thing here is search_results sub is called somewhere . Assuming that you added some custom codes for your default user , you should get rid of param &uid=default in the link and try again.

Regards,

Hi Jean - tried that as well - same error

Let's do this - put this on hold. I feel that I am taking too much of your time and Stones' to address this one issue. I at least have it working on my Unix host that I can keep testing from.

I know I'll have other questions as I keep getting further into this script.

Thanks again & regards

John
> >