Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!!

Quote Reply
DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!!
File upload for photos is great, right up until you try to change or delete the photo.

Is there some flaw in the program that will not allow the photo to be changed?

To be sure is was not just my setup I tried it out on the Demo, Sample Table, create a new file and upload a photo to it, take a peek at it to be sure it's there, then go back to the modify screen and delete the photo, then try to get the program to accept another one in it's place in that file. Won't happen!!

Reliable and working Photo upload is 99% of reason I just spent all this money, What do ya say guys, refund or fix ??
Quote Reply
Re: [bf] DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!! In reply to
You're not the first to experience this problem. The following post may help:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=224806#224806

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!! In reply to
Thanks, the file they suggest in that thread just caused errors, didn't work!
Quote Reply
Hmm... That file fixed 90% of the problems I was having with DbManSQL and file uploads. Can you post the error message you're getting?

Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!! In reply to
Ok, I put the file back in place and here is the error.

A fatal error has occured:

syntax error at /path to/admin/GT/SQL/File.pm line 28, near "; undef"

syntax error at /path to/admin/GT/SQL/File.pm line 54, near "}"

Compilation failed in require at /path to/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 259.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace

======================================

Dbsql (30709): GT::SQL::Table::insert called at /path to/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 219 with arguments

(GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x82ff208), HASH(0x8240fcc)).

Dbsql (30709): GT::SQL::Table::add called at GT::SQL::Admin::add_record line 445 with arguments

(GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x82ff208), HASH(0x8240fcc)).

Dbsql (30709): GT::SQL::Admin::add_record called at /path to/admin/GT/SQL/Admin.pm line 121 with arguments

(GT::SQL::Admin=HASH(0x823eda0)).

Dbsql (30709): GT::SQL::Admin::process called at /path to/admin/admin.cgi line 38 with arguments

(GT::SQL::Admin=HASH(0x823eda0), db, Dbsql::Fake=SCALAR(0x81ede80), cgi, GT::CGI=HASH(0x8125e14)).

Dbsql (30709): main::main called at /path to/admin/admin.cgi line 24 with no arguments.

Quote Reply
That's not one I've seen before, so it's probably something specific to your setup. Probably your best bet is to either hold out for a GT staff response to this post, or to use their contact form to request support via email.

Quote Reply
Hi,

The attached file replaced GT/SQL/File.pm and fixes the problem.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] DBMan SQL Uploader Flawed!! In reply to
Yes, it did!!

Error problem is gone and I can now delete and reload or reload another photo without deleting the existing one first.

I only have done a quick check so far but this looks like the fix I needed.

Will this fix be applied to the Demo on this site as well?

Thanks, :-)