Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

[BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin

Quote Reply
[BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin
Error installing Auth_Community v1.0.0 to DBManSQL v2.10:
Quote:
Error running installation code:
Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/GT/Config.pm line 295.
Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/GT/Config.pm line 295.
Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/GT/Config.pm line 329.
Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/GT/Config.pm line 329.
Compilation failed in require at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/Community.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/site/cgi-bin/gcomm/private/lib/Community.pm line 20.
Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 77.
Path to GCommunity v1.0.2 installation was used.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Dec 11, 2005, 10:12 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] [BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin In reply to
You may need to upgrade the GT library for DBMan SQL. Please contact me for the update.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] [BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin In reply to
I'd better wait the updated DBMan SQL which contains the new GT library.
Can you confirm, if there will be released a DBMan SQL update in 2006 Q1?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Unfortunately, there is no schedule for the next release at the moment.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [604] [BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin In reply to
In Reply To:
You may need to upgrade the GT library for DBMan SQL. Please contact me for the update.

TheStone.

I receive the same error:

Code:
Error running installation code: Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/GT/Config.pm line 313. Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/GT/Config.pm line 313. Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/GT/Config.pm line 351. Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/GT/Config.pm line 351. Bareword "PERSIST" not allowed while "strict subs" in use

at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/GT/Config.pm line 351.

Compilation failed in require at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/Community.pm line 20.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sites/site551/community/lib/Community.pm line 20.

Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 77.

What I need to do?

Thanks ..
Quote Reply
Re: [katakombe] [BUG] Error installing Auth_Community plugin In reply to
The attached file is the lastest version of GT library. It should be working after upgrading the library with the new one.

B.
Quote Reply
Are you sure, it is possible to upgrade the GT library to latest one, and still DBMan SQL will work without errors?

I'm not so sure in this question...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The attached file is the lastest version of GT library. It should be working after upgrading the library with the new one.

I don't see any attached file?
Quote Reply
Oops...here is the file.

B.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Oops...here is the file.

Thank you very much, but it seems that something is wrong with this attachment - I can't open it ..
Quote Reply
Try this one.

B.
Quote Reply
still missing

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
still missing

Yes, ..
Quote Reply
Sorry...:)

B.
Quote Reply
well, still too small...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
I'm so sorry! Please let me know if it does not help still :)

B.
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Unfortunately, there is no schedule for the next release at the moment.

TheStone.
The question was asked almost 1 year ago...

Was anybody working on DBMan SQL development in the last 4 years?
Is anybody working on DBMan SQL development currently?

I have a really bad feeling, that I sucked buying a software, which is not supported anymore...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The archive seems to be good now.
Thanks for the GT lib update!

However, I'm still worrying, that copying the GT library into DBMan SQL v2.1.0 GT directory may cause other incompatibility problems and bugs...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Don't worry about it! it should be working just fine with the new library.

In Reply To:
Was anybody working on DBMan SQL development in the last 4 years?
Is anybody working on DBMan SQL development currently?
[/quote]
Yes, we've been working on the next version and other products as well. Unfortunatelly, there is no schedule for the next version of DBMan SQL at the moment.

B.

Last edited by:

604: Nov 10, 2006, 9:47 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Don't worry about it! it should be working just fine with the new library.

Can I just upload all files and folders using my FTP in to /cgi-bin/dbman/admin/GT ?
Post deleted by webmaster33 In reply to
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The provided GT lib is not the latest one.

The latest GT lib contains vars.pm in the tempalate directory and, has the latest template parser version...

I would need the latest GT::Template module into DBManSQL!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
The version that I sent to you will fix the issue. You do not need to have the lastest version of GT.

B.
Quote Reply
OK, I uploaded all files and all folders using FTP in ASCII mode, installed DBManSQL application in GCommunity and installed Auth_Community plugin without any error, but ...

If I have as following:

Authorization Options:
auth_no_authentication: No = "there is authentication"

and if I try to access:

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

I get redirected to:

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mysite.com%2FCGIWrapDir%2Fcgiwrap%2Fmyserverusername%2Fdb.cgi%3Fdo%3Dhome

[ it should be something like http://www.mysite.com/...cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi ]

Even there everything seems to be fine - the login page is there and when I try to log in the following message comes up:

------------------------------------------------
CGIWrap Error: Access Control
CGIWrap access control mechanism denied execution of this script for the following reason:
UID of script userid less than configured minimum.
Server Data:
Server Administrator/Contact: webmaster@mysite.com
Server Name: www.mysite.com
Server Port: 80
Server Protocol: HTTP/1.1
Virtual Host: www.mysite.com
Request Data:
User Agent/Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Request Method: GET
Remote Address: 81.236.16.47
Remote Port: 19243
Query String: do=home
Extra Path Info: /myserverusername/db.cgi
------------------------------------------------

Check the last line:

Extra Path Info: /myserverusername/db.cgi

I use myserverusername only when I install the script and I need it only to access MySQL database.

What's wrong?
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
The version that I sent to you will fix the issue. You do not need to have the lastest version of GT.
I need the latest version of GT lib, because the improved GT::Template module.

May I copy the latest GT lib into DBMan SQL, and still there will be no conflicts between them?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support