Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Problem creating table

Quote Reply
Problem creating table
Hello,

We have just purchased DBMAN SQL. However, I am unable to create a table through it.

I have already tried to reinstall the script. We are running IIS 6 and MSSQL 2000.

When I click on Create Table and give it a name and hit go I get the page asking me which template and user database I would like to use as well as the Authorization Options. If I hit submit, it says that all options were updated.

I am NOT seeing the page in which you set the table properties. Also, the table is never being created into SQL. I can create the table manually and load the table and it will read the data fine, however I am not able to create an auto-incremental field this way.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appriciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [afail77] Problem creating table In reply to
You need to add the fields one by one. After each one, you get the answer the "options were updated".
You should then clikk a button something like "Create table" or something.

Anyway, I recommend to create the primary key field first, then create the table, and add the further fields later.
I also had similar problems with adding autoincrementing field, so I suggest following the way above.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Problem creating table In reply to
Step 2: Add the fields of this table.
    - Set the properties of a field: Column name, type, size...
    - Set the form display.
    - Press <Add Field> button to add field.
    - Repeat step 2 for each column.

Step 3: After that, press <Create Table> button to create table.

After I pick a name of the table, I never see these pages (what I assume are Steps 2 and 3)...am I missing somtehing obvious? All I I get is the page that says:

From here you can setup all properties of a table.
Table table name have been loaded.

Template set to use: bookstoredefaulthomesimage_gallery
Log table:
User table to use: Sample_Users or New table
Permission ytryreyk
Authorization Options:
No Authentication? ( Yes ="there is no authentication", No = "there is authentication") If you choose no authentication, then set the permissions of what people can do with: auth_allow_default
auth_no_authentication Yes No
Default permissions used if there is no authentication, or for a default user. (View, Add, Delete, Modify)
auth_allow_default View Add Delete Modify Admin
Allow people to sign up their own account?
auth_signup Yes No
Permissions to give new signups
auth_signup_permissions View Add Delete Modify Admin
Registered users: can modify/delete _only_ own records. For this to make sense you should set default off or to 1,0,0,0 .
auth_modify_own Yes No
Registered users: can view_only_ own records. For this to make sense you should set default off or to 1,0,0,0 .
auth_view_own Yes No
Auth user field. This is the field name in the database used for storing the userid who owns the record.
auth_user_field
URL to send user if they chose log off. Leave blank and the script will return to the logon prompt (although this only makes sense if you are using authentication)
auth_logoff

Last edited by:

afail77: May 9, 2005, 5:23 AM
Quote Reply
Then go and try to setup all properties of a table...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
OK, so if I hit Submit It says

All Authentication options have been updated successfully.

The same page loads again...still no EXTRA field

Then I choose the table I just made from the pulldown and hit properties

Then I choose Add Column

The Add Column page loads without the EXTRA field.

If I try to add a Primary Key it says:

You can not add a primary key to an existing table.

And if I try to add the column as a regular column it says

Unable to add column 'test'. Reason: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE fdhgfdhg ADD test INT NOT NULL' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot alter table 'tablename because this table does not exist in database 'hrapplications'. (SQL-42S02) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared. (SQL-42000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)
Quote Reply
is there a SQL query I could use to add a table and create an auto-increment field on the fly?
Quote Reply
Might be a good idea to contact GT support...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
Can you email the username and password of your admin panel to me? I'll have a look at it.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Problem creating table In reply to
I've emailed you the link to the site