Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Previous and Next Record Links

Quote Reply
Previous and Next Record Links
Hi,

I'm currently converting a client's DBMan vehicle database to DBManSQL and need to show a record navigation bar across the top of the 'detailed' page.

The search results show all the vehicles in a list, with each vehicle linked to a 'detailed' page. Once on that page I want to show a link to the PREVIOUS and NEXT records.

http://www.wcsauto.com/..._results&keyword=*

For DBMan I used the 'sub html_record_long' mod and whilst I've seen a post in this forum about using ID +/- 1 I am assuming that won't work if there are gaps in the ID numbers?

I notice in the search results template there's a <%if hits%> - is it possible to use <%hits%> in some way to push the URL for the previous and next links?

Any help appreciated.

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: [qango] Previous and Next Record Links In reply to
Hi,

After experimenting with some ID + / - methods, I'm now wondering if this can be done with a simple global.

Would it be possible to create a global to 'pull' the previous and next record ID's from the search results so that visitors can move 'through' the records a vehicle at a time?

So that <%if prev%> link to previous record ID, and likewise <%if next%> (this would avoid links to prev and next records that don't actually exist).

I'm imagining that this should be fairly simple but I can't get my head around it Crazy

Any help appreciated.

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'd like to try again with creating a series of < PREV and NEXT > links for my record template.

Here's the actual database: http://www.wcsauto.com/...p;so=DESC&mh=500

When clicking on a vehicle to view its details I'd like to be able to place a link to the previous and next records.

Any ideas anyone?

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Unfortuanatelly, it isn't easy job on the matter. I have been thinking about creating a plugin to handle this feature, but I'm not quite sure when it will be done.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jul 17, 2003, 11:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Previous and Next Record Links In reply to
a Plug in ever done for this?

What would l need to know to do such a plug in?

Thanks, I really need this for my project.
Lynette
Hollister, Ca