Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Mass Mail Personalization Not Working

Quote Reply
Mass Mail Personalization Not Working
I have just recently started using DBMan SQL and I did a test email and tried to add personalization like stated in the help section (i.e. <%Username%>) and when I sent the email it just showed up as I typed it. I tried a couple of different ways and still nothing, I even tried it on a different users table and still nothing.

This is also happening when I try to customize my search results. When I type <%columnname%> it does not show any of the data just the tag and I have the hidden database field inserted above where the results will display.
Quote Reply
Re: [huey] Mass Mail Personalization Not Working In reply to
Hi,

This problem will be fixed in the next release version. For now, follow the instructions below to work it out:

- Replace your files with 3 attached files.

MassMailer.pm ( in admin/Dbsql directory ); mph-email.cgi ( in admin directory ) and Dbsql_MailingIndex.def ( in admin/defs directory ).

- Add a field called 'user_table_use' (varchar(70)) onto Dbsql_MailingIndex table by using MysqlMan tool

If you have any questions about this, please let me know.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jul 24, 2002, 11:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Mass Mail Personalization Not Working In reply to
Thank You For Your Quick Response.

One other question though, is it possible to add fields to the user database so that they can be displayed in the email and used on the signup form. It would be just 2 fields for now zipcode and one additional field that we would use to gather other info we would want to collect.

Thank You,

Chris Huey
Huey Advertising And Production
www.hueyadvertising.com
Chris Huey
Car-pons.com
http://www.car-pons.com
Quote Reply
Re: [huey] Mass Mail Personalization Not Working In reply to
Definitely, you can customize Users table by using Admin - Tables- Users - Customize Users table link.

TheStone.

B.