Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 0r 2005- any recommendations?

Quote Reply
MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 0r 2005- any recommendations?
Hello everyone,

I am building an application using DBSQL for client on a dedicated server running Server 2003. What do you guys recommend for running the database, MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 or MSSQL 2005?

The system will be holding about 500,000 records.

Any feedback would be much appreciated:-)

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [ThePretender] MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 0r 2005- any recommendations? In reply to
I definitely recommend MySQL, running on Linux server.

MySQL can handle much more than 500.000 records usually quicker than the competitor databases.

Not necessary MySQL 5.
Even a MySQL v3.23 can do the job, if you don't need extra features of later versions, like nested selects.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 0r 2005- any recommendations? In reply to
Cool thanks for ya help! + MySQL is free too lol

Webmaster33 are you an employee of Gossmer threads? I see you have paid help in your signature... one of the features I want to implement in my application is a statement of a users account. For example add all the values in the column to give a user there balance, some customers have up to 1000 transactions. Are you able to help with this type of programming with DBSQL?

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [ThePretender] MYSQL 5, MSSQL 2000 0r 2005- any recommendations? In reply to
Quote:
Webmaster33 are you an employee of Gossmer threads?
Well, unfortunately not, yet.
Just helping the community, mostly for free, and sometimes as paid consultant.

You should describe your question better.
Please send me you rephrased question in Private Message (PM).

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...