Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

How Fast is DBManSQL?

Quote Reply
How Fast is DBManSQL?
How fast is DBMan SQL?

For example, how fast would it search through 1,000,000 records using latest MySQL, Linux, 1 Gig + RAM, 1 Gig processor and SCSI drives?

jt

Quote Reply
Re: [takacsj] How Fast is DBManSQL? In reply to
Say NO to duplicate Threads!

Please do not post duplicate threads in the forums.

Thank you.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] How Fast is DBManSQL? In reply to
It wasn't my intention to duplicate. I was advised to move the question to the more appropriate forum.

Can I delete the previous?

jt

Quote Reply
Really?

Because you posted the threads at about the same time periods in two different Forums...

Yes, you could...But I would suggest attempting to edit your original post and reference the other thread in the DBMAN Discussion forum since PaulWilson already answered your questions in that forum.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Quote:
Really?

Because you posted the threads at about the same time periods in two different Forums...

Actually in his defence, he didn't post here until I mentioned that this was a more appropriate forum.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] How Fast is DBManSQL? In reply to
Please don't defend others, Paul. Speak for yourself, please.

Thank you.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Chewbaca,

Thanks for the help. Your replies had me on the floor laughing my a** off. At first I thought you were serious, but then I realized it must be an inside joke between you and Paul.

Great material!

Regards,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] How Fast is DBManSQL? In reply to
RedRum,

You're a pretty cool guy.

Regards,

John
Quote Reply
Upon further review, I'd like to clarify my post to ask if anyone has ANY benchmark data related to select query speed utilizing DBManSQL.

The reason for the question is an old post re: query speed utilizing DBManSQL being faster than utilizing the search function of Links SQL (searching the same database). Is the old post incorrect? Anyone have data one way or the other?

Regards,

John

Last edited by:

takacsj: Oct 29, 2001, 8:52 PM
Quote Reply
Meanwhile, back on planet earth....

Re: Benchmarking....now, I don't believe anyone has used 1,000,000 records with DBMAN. It would be easy to do however, if you could find someone willing to do such a test with a large database.

As far as the DBMAN search being faster than Links SQL, then I suppose that is possible as it uses a simpler search sub (at least I think so) and has less work to do so may be a tiny bit quicker. It would be difficult to say without testing though.

If you have 1 million records in dbman format I'd be happy to test Angelic

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 30, 2001, 4:26 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

The speed depends on the type of search you want to do. An open end search (i.e. searching on any field in any way) will slow down as size increases, however you can get < 1s results on half a million or more records (again, this is all rough calculations as it depends on numerous factors: computer power, mysql version, table size, number of columns, etc).

For very large databases, it's best to analyze how you want to do searches, and then you can create indexes to optimize that. We are also available for consulting to help you tweak things.

As for faster then Links SQL, they are comparable. They both contain almost the same search code.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.