Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

GT function

Quote Reply
GT function
I am looking for the correct date-function I need in a global to display the date of the database. (when this is last changed or updated). Is that possible, or doesn't that exist by a musql table ?
Luc
----
Quote Reply
Re: [LucVG] GT function In reply to
Hi Luc

date issues can be complicated and there are a lot of threads about it (you could search this forum).

It is possible to do what you want. Please let us first know more details about your installation:

- how is the date field set up in your database?
- do you need to convert the date into another date format before displaying (e.g. Europen date format)?
- where would you like to display the date?

Thanks
Oliver

Last edited by:

olivers: Aug 28, 2004, 6:21 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [olivers] GT function In reply to
Sorry for the very late answer. When you take a look at our database (in DBMan) -- http://www.gasballon.be/...i?db=default&uid= you see at the bottom
Code:
Database Last Updated: Thu Oct 14 18:37:31 2004

In html.pl the code is $date ( my $date = localtime((stat($db_file_name))[9]); )

Now, I am trying to setup a DBMAN SQL version of the same database. In the footer of each page, I also will display the same information.

So, it is NOT the date that an entry is updated, but the date that the last one is updated. I know it is a strange question. In the earlier version it works fine.

In Reply To:
- how is the date field set up in your database?
- do you need to convert the date into another date format before displaying (e.g. Europen date format)?
- where would you like to display the date?

Thanks
Oliver
Luc
----