Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads?

Quote Reply
Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads?
In my opnion, DBMan SQL is a very useful tools. I almost download every version just after release.

Let us check my download date of every version (almost the same as release date):

2000/5/27 1.01
2001/2/18 1.02
2001/4/28 2.0.0 beta1
2001/5/24 2.0.0 beta2
2001/8/1 2.0.0 beta2 fix
2001/9/26 2.0.0
2001/10/31 2.0.1
2001/11/3 2.0.2
2002/2/2 2.0.3
2002/10/12 2.1.0

After that, there is no more upgrade for almost 4 years. Is it forget by Gossamer Threads? Whos can tell me when they can remeber to upgrade it? Is it worth to remeber, use and buy for us?
Quote Reply
Re: [fox2] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
I hope DBMan SQL is not forgotten by GT staff.

It is a very useful application, with useful features missing from LSQL, like database manager, foreign key support, and unlimited databases.
This makes it very useful, and I would be very sad, if development would be stopped.

I would also await some reply from GT staff, if they are still developing the DBMan SQL, and if yes, when they plan to release it?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
I have made the same type of comments many times over the past few years.
GT has definitely forgotten about DBManSQL and most of the users are losing interest, you only need to look at the activity (or should I say - lack of activity) on this forum.
All though it is a great application, DBManSQL is obviously not as profitable as other GT products.
Come on GT give your DBManSQL users some long deserved updates !!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [jai] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
In Reply To:
Come on GT give your DBManSQL users some long deserved updates !!!!

I agree ..
Quote Reply
Re: [katakombe] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
Agreed, we need it brought up to GLinks standard.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
Quote:
DBMan SQL 2 is a complete rewrite using our new GT Libraries common to all our new products

Source: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/.../dbman-sql/index.htm
Quote Reply
Re: [katakombe] Does DBMan SQL forget by Gossamer threads? In reply to
In Reply To:
Quote:
DBMan SQL 2 is a complete rewrite using our new GT Libraries common to all our new products

Source: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/.../dbman-sql/index.htm
Well, yes, but...

The sentence is not perfect.

The following sentence contains the whole truth:
DBMan SQL v2 is a complete rewrite of DBMan SQL v1, using our new GT Libraries common to all our new v2.x series products.

Since LSQL (Glinks) has v3.1.0 version, we should have DBMan SQL v3.1.0 to have at least the GT libraries updated. Not menting the bug fixes, and the new features we would await for the 3.x product line of DBMan SQL...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...