Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

DBSQL + html.pl

Quote Reply
DBSQL + html.pl
Greetings!

I've recently upgraded to DbSQl and everything seem to be working fine...I'm experiencing 2 little problems, though, and was wondering if anyone has experienced the same:

1) I've selected to have my database allow people sign up themselves but only allow them to modify their own record. It works fine up to the point where you try to modify your record and nothing is found. Any suggestions?

2) I made a great many changes, most of them cosmetic, to my html.pl file for the original DBman, including translating it in 2 different languages (trust me: a LOT of work). Instead of redoing everything, would anyone know what part of that file is actually different in DBman SQL?

3) Do all the mods work ok with DBman SQL?

Once again, thank you very, very much for all your help :)

Quote Reply
Re: DBSQL + html.pl In reply to
In Reply To:
would anyone know what part of that file is actually different in DBman SQL?
As far as I can tell (I'm still working on mine so I'm not quite there yet) most of the changes will take place where there is a file access request so as to change it to access/alter/delete files in the database table/s.

In Reply To:
Do all the mods work ok with DBman SQL?
They should all work with the appropriate alterations.

Sorry I couldn't give you any help but I'm in the same boat :)

Quote Reply
Hi,

>>>> I've selected to have my database allow people sign up themselves but only allow them to modify their own record. It works fine up to the point where you try to modify your record and nothing is found. Any suggestions?<<<<<<

Make sure that all of the variables in your config file are included in your sub html_record_form.
It sound like your primary key is not included thus DBman SQL can't find the record.
Try inserting a hidden field into your sub html_record_form.
e.g <input type="hidden" name="id" value="$rec{'id'}">
or
<input type="hidden" name="userid" value="$rec{'userid'}">

Hope this helps.
Simon.

Quote Reply
Hi,
I had the same problem, so I changed in the .cfg file the number of the field that refers to the userid in the name of the field:

change
$auth_user_field = 18;
in
$auth_user_field = Userid;

I don't know why, but that fix the problem.
BTW, I've noticed in my MySQL database, that in some routines, the database start counting by field 1,
instead of the flat dbman, whitch started with field 0

----------
Mart.