Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

DBManSQL Link to just search and listall?

Quote Reply
DBManSQL Link to just search and listall?
OK, I need to get this done by the end of the week. So, I've cut down phase 1 of my implementation to bare bones.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me. I have figured out somewhat how to make the templates work. I want to call DBManSQL2 from within my existing DBMan application for JUST the search and listall function in my existing reports module.

SO, I have DBManSQL set to NOT require authorization (avoiding the login there) and to default only to view with no modify own set or any of that. I have a link from DBMan to the db.cgi for DBManSQL2 that prings up a generic (from the default templates) home page.
I want this home page and footer to link back to dbman pages. I also want it to go straght to the search form.
How can I send the db and login back to dbman from here? and how can I accept the db and login into a global when DBMan SQL 2 is called from DBMan?

Thanks!
Lynette
Hollister, Ca
Quote Reply
Re: [ltillner] DBManSQL Link to just search and listall? In reply to
I did it, sort of. Using DBMan and DBManSQL version 1.02 for only searching and viewing in my "reports" module I have come up with a way to call the db.cgi script for DBMan SQL (renamed to dbsql.cgi) and hopefully use the original auth.pl script. However, reports is using no authorization right now so this isn't holding me up.

Now to get my DBMan mods needed for the reports section to work via DBMan SQL version 1.02 and I'm there...

big sigh of relief if I can get this little upgrade implemented by Friday!
Lynette
Hollister, Ca