Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Couple of Questions for Alex

Quote Reply
Couple of Questions for Alex
Hi Alex....I'm seriously thinking of trying the transition from Dbman to Dbmansql...I'm a registered owner of DBman...Does DBmansql come with sufficient documentation re: setup, installation and data re: how to convert Dbman features to DBmansql?...my virtual server has a control panel which allows for up to 5 Mysql databases on a separate server...is this a problem? should Mysql be installed on the same server as the script??....some feedback please...Rob

Quote Reply
Re: Couple of Questions for Alex In reply to
Sorry, I ain't even close to Alex...but the following info may help...

In Reply To:
Does DBmansql come with sufficient documentation re: setup, installation and data re: how to convert Dbman features to DBmansql?...
Not really...but the set-up is relatively easy with the setup.cgi script. Converting any flat file based script into MySQL or MSSQL is a pain...and takes awhile to do.

In Reply To:
my virtual server has a control panel which allows for up to 5 Mysql databases on a separate server...is this a problem?
Nope...because you should be able to create tons of tables within each database.

In Reply To:
should Mysql be installed on the same server as the script??....
Nope...and in fact, in terms of data processing, security, etc., it is best to have MySQL installed on another machine.

Regards,

Eliot Lee