Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Discussion :

Administration of user accounts by admin-user

Quote Reply
Administration of user accounts by admin-user
Hi.

I have to setup a system where an admin-user (user with admin permission) can admin the records of the user table (add, delete, modify users) related to some db. As far as I see in the standard version of DBMan SQL admin-users can only admin their own account.

For example: A admin-user should be able to add, modify, delete new records of the user_table reated to the authors db (but not be allowed to admin any other user tables related to another db).

How can this be done?

Armin
Quote Reply
Re: [Armin] Administration of user accounts by admin-user In reply to
Hi,

The admin users will be able to add/modify/delete users in current user table, they also have full access to database.

- To view their account: db.cgi?do=admin_form&db=Sample&user=xxxx
- To modify/delete an existing user: Type the username into textbox on admin form and hit tab.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Administration of user accounts by admin-user In reply to
Hi and thanks for the reply!

Quote:
- To modify/delete an existing user: Type the username into textbox on admin form and hit tab.

Ok but my main problem now is to generate a list of all existing users. The admin-form displays only one user and the admin has to know the username to retriev the record.

Any hint how to generate a list of all accounts by an admn-user would be VERY welcome!

Armin
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Administration of user accounts by admin-user In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

The admin users will be able to add/modify/delete users in current user table, they also have full access to database.

TheStone.

Hi TheStone!

Unfortunatly this seems not to work! Log into your Sample db as admin

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...n&Password=admin

Now go to

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ample&user=agent

But you will NOT get user=agent but always user=admin (despite agent is a valid user).

If I understand sub admin_form in Home.pm right, this has to be expected as the user variable in admin_form is not fetched by the cgi hash.

What does work is:

db.cgi?do=admin_inquire_user&db=Sample&users=agent

(Note: users=xxx not user=xxx!)

Armin
Quote Reply
Re: [Armin] Administration of user accounts by admin-user In reply to
Hi,

This is the URL to load a user:

db.cgi?do=admin_action&db=table_name&users=user_name

TheStone.

B.