Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
user profile plugin
Hi,

I have set up the profile_form and profile subroutines in Home.pm (DBMan 2.1.0). You can find the description about it in the following thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=265053#265053

These subroutines are working good as long as the code is located in Home.pm. However, I'm trying to create a plugin because I want to avoid any modification of the original Home.pm. Does anybody have an idea how (and where) to integrate the actions do=profile_form and do=profile in the plugin? I'm getting an "invalid action" error since I have now deleted the subs in Home.pm (no surprise).

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thank you
Oliver
Quote Reply
Re: [olivers] user profile plugin In reply to
Hello again,

I've finally managed to solve the mentioned problems Smile

The plugin is almost ready to go. If you're interested in it or if you would like to help me out with testing, please let me know - I'd appreciate any help.

See you soon
Oliver
Quote Reply
Some bugs have now been fixed thanks to TheStone.

In addition to this, I've added more features to the plugin:
- a test if the e-mail address is valid
- a confirm password field that must match the password field

I'll keep you updated...

Cheers,
Oliver
Quote Reply
This is something we might be interested in. We could test it destructively as our copy of DBManSQL is not in public use.

How does your plugin differ from the functionality provided by GT Community?
Quote Reply
Re: [YoYoYoYo] user profile plugin In reply to
Unfortunately, I couldn't install Gossamer Community on our server yet. That's why I can't give you a precise description about the differences between our UserProfile plugin and GT Community's profile change functionality.

But here is what the plugin can do:
- values of regular user table fields can be modified (of course except username and permissions Wink)
- values of custom fields (e.g. postal address, phone ...) can be modified, too
- logging of profile changes can be switched on/off
- form headers and messages can be customized
Quote Reply
Greetings to all DBManSQL users

here is the UserProfile plugin for download. I'd be glad if you could send me feedbacks, suggestions and bug reports.

Thanks,
Smileliver
Quote Reply
Hi Smileliver

i just tried to test your plugin, and have below error.
i wonder if the plugin is able to run under linksql 2.20?

Unable to load install file: Unable to load plugin UserProfile Reason: Install.pm does not compile: Can't locate Dbsql.pm in @INC (@INC contains: F:/webtest/test/cgi-bin/help3/cgi-bin/store/admin N:/Perl/lib N:/Perl/site/lib .) at (eval 5) line 18. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 5) line 18.

Last edited by:

courierb: Oct 12, 2004, 1:02 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [courierb] user profile plugin In reply to
Hi courierb

the plugin has been designed for DBMan SQL only. It would have to be adapted to work with Links SQL. However, I think that there are other plugins for Links SQL that have similar functionality. Please let me know if you don't find such a plugin on the Links SQL plugin download list.

Cheers,
Winkliver
Quote Reply
Thanks

No wonder it fails. i do find changinfo plugin, however it does not work for linksql 2.11 and linksql 2.20.
there is only report of problem and no fix found from the forum.

Thanks again for the reminder.