Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
use of globals
Hi, I'm making some modifications to my DBMan SQL site which has been running very well for some years. Getting back into the nitty gritty, I have forgotten some of the basics. My query stems from the following wish:

I have a table with a text field called 'content' into which I import fairly long articles.
Before uploading my file for import into the table, I want to insert a flag or marker which, when the article is display, displays a picture.

So I imagined creating a global called ' picture' (defined as "../path/to/picture_fileX.jpg") and then inserting into my article the flag <%picture%>. Now this does not work for some reason.

Working backwards, I cannot even get a simple substution of a global 'charly2' defined as "GT user baffled". I have certainly missed something very basic. Thanks for your assistance.
charly2 (previously charly in fora)
Quote Reply
Re: [charly2] use of globals In reply to
did you managed to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...