Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Development, Plugins and Globals :

a plea for tidying up html code

Quote Reply
a plea for tidying up html code
I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I would really appreciate it if the dbman admin interface html code got tidied up.

There are zillions of font tags all over the place, formatted in every imaginable way, to set the font face, size, and color: font face="Arial, Tahoma, Verdana", font face=Arial, Verdana, font face="Verdana, Arial, Tahoma", and so on.

I am using a Unicode-capable font which I wanted to set via an externally linked stylesheet, and it was really difficult to get rid of all these font-tags. (Yes, doing a regexp over all files did help, but there were also pages where the font face was set via $font variables ...)

There's also other issues, like tag attributes sometimes being quoted, sometimes not (this was a drawback when I had to set class attributes on form text fields to have text fields also use the Unicode-capable font).

I've done most of the tidying up that I need for my own purposes now, but I would really appreciate tidier html code in the next release.

Thanks,
kellner