Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Export to Excel help
Trying to find the Export to Excel mod? Would like to create a button on the end of the search results page to export to excel.

Thanks

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: [MKC] Export to Excel help In reply to
OK, found the Excel Mod for DBMan it is at
http://redundantcartridge.com/cgi-bin/dbman/dbfaq.cgi?db=dbmanfaq
but how does that work with DBMan SQL? Or is it not that complicated?
Quote Reply
You can easily export your table content with any MySQL client, into CSV file, which can be imported into Excel. It is that easy...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Export to Excel help In reply to
Maybe it is easy if I wanted to export the table with a MySQL client. But how about other people using the website to do searches on the information. Wouldn't it be nice if they could just click a Export link or button after a search and have all that information in excel format (primarily for a mail merge). This is the question that I am asking (and I am assuming that it IS difficult - hence all the responses).

Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
There are Perl modules which can manipulate/create native Excel file format.
However this is not a development for a beginner.

Also, you may want to provide your data in CSV format for the users, so they can import the data into Excel.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] Export to Excel help In reply to
I agree with using the CSV format. Is that easier? So I will revise my question to allowing the user to click on a button to export the results of a search to a CSV file? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
I believe exporting into CSV format, or any kind of "character-delimited" format (most popular is pipe delimited one), would be possible to solve using a global, and not necessarily would need a plugin.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support