Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

default.db

Quote Reply
default.db
While I'm trying to get DBman working on NT with all of your help. I copied all files to a Unix server where I used to run DBman. Everything works fine except when dbman needs to access default.db. It wants to download the file instead of display it. This happened to me once before, the problem was with permissions. I'm using JPDeni's short list. I have the permissions on format.pl set to chmod 644 and all others as outlined in Alex's readme.txt. Still wants to download. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: default.db In reply to
Well, I have most of it working now. You can add, modify, search, almost everything,except list all. It seems whenever you have to display more than one record dbman wants to download the file. These exact same settings worked great on NT. If it isn't one thing it's another. I may eventually have to get good at this. The one grace I have about seeking all this help is I know it will help someone else when they search this knowledge base. Wink

------------------
there are no problems, only solutions waiting to happen.
Quote Reply
I'd have to see your html.pl file to know what to tell you.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Thanks JPDeni,
Its at www.weblogic1.com/cgi-bin/testarea/html.txt
Quote Reply
A very little thing, but it makes all the difference. Smile

In html_view_success, you have

Code:
if ($db_total_hits == 1) {
&html_record_long(&array_to_hash($_, @hits));
}
else {
#&html_page_top("Search Results");

You need to take the # from in front of
#&html_page_top("Search Results");

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I know how those things go. Very frustrating. It often takes another set of eyes to see them.

Yes, a cup of Earl Grey would be very nice. And at least a hug from me for your girls. Smile

------------------
JPD

[This message has been edited by JPDeni (edited April 13, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Little thing you say? Smile
You're AWSOME lady. I can't tell you how long I've stared at the short list and view success. I just kept missing it. I swear it worked on NT. Somehow I probably inserted that while I was moving things to the UNIX server.
I owe you big time. Just let me know what you want and where to mail it. Wink I know, I know, You want me to buy something for my girls, and some EarlGray for you. Done!!