Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Installation on Xitami?

Quote Reply
Installation on Xitami?
I have just installed the latest version of DBMan on Xitami and when I try to run it I get the home page..... no permissionss.... can't sign up for a new account.... only the home and log off options appear.

I want new users to be able to create new accounts what do I need to change?
Quote Reply
Re: Installation on Xitami? In reply to
Try the procedure listed in the FAQ at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/Detailed/8.html

If that doesn't fix it, come back and we'll go a little further.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
JPDeni - as always .... right on the money ! I am redoing our alumni database and I am starting with a fresh copy of DBMan - it was getting so hard to implement mods with our current DB. Our html.pl was a mess!!

I will probably have lots more questions in the coming days.

Thanks again for being here !

----------------
donm
Quote Reply
I understand about starting over from scratch after you learn a little more about the script. I'm in the midst of doing that myself.

I'm here. Ask away! Smile

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
OK - now I am able to get the login screen... and I am able to log in as admin... however for every link (add, view, delete, modify, logoff, admin) I get "unathorized action".

The only mod I have made thus far is change the html.pl to JPDeni's Friendly html

Any ideas?

Ooooops ..... I always forget about the "search" option for this forum. I did a search on "Xitami" and found the information I need.... all is fixed now and working.

--------------
donm

[This message has been edited by donm (edited August 15, 1999).]