Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

limited number of records depending by each db

Quote Reply
limited number of records depending by each db
Hello,
I'm using a relational db with the "limited number of records mod", my question is the following:
how can I restrict users two have different maximum numbers of records dependly by the db. For example:
I have one users db and one events db but I need that users can post only one record for the users db and 12 records for the events db

print qq|<b>Thank you very much</b>|;

Quote Reply
Re: limited number of records depending by each db In reply to
If your using the relational mod, or even if you just have two databases the coding for limiting records is within each of your html.pl and .cfg files. The change made for the db.cgi file is not specific to a db.

So you would just install the mod for each of your databases.

I hope this answered your question, if not, I'm sure by looking at what is needed for the different variations of the mod you will understand.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Re: limited number of records depending by each db In reply to
Sorry, but it doesn't works: I had setup two differents db.cgi and I have this lines for the differents .cfg files:
@auth_signup_permissions = (1,1,1,1,0);
in the .cfg of the first db and:
@auth_signup_permissions = (1,12,1,1,0);
for the second db.
But it still doesn't works: the add permissions seems to be linked each other: if I add a record in one db the the number of add permissions decreases for both the databases.
I hope you will understand that post because I'm not english and perhaps there are a lot of errors.....
tnx for the reply,
bye