Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

delete user and permissions

Quote Reply
delete user and permissions
We just inherited a dbman installation and I needed to create a new user --- when I created the user it assigned all permissions, allowing someone to add modify and delete a record in the database -- I only want the user to have VIEW ONLY access === how do I delete the user I created and modify the program to allow a new user to have only view only permissions -- I have searched for an administration panel and could not find one. Can someone please help? Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: delete user and permissions In reply to
There must be a username/password with "admin" permission.

If you haven't been given one, go through the following steps:

In your .cfg file, set

$auth_no_authentication = 1;
@auth_default_permissions = (1,1,1,1,1);

Upload the file.

Go to your database. You should immediately get the DBMan home page, instead of the login form.

There will be a link at the bottom of the page -- Admin. Click this link.

First, create a username/password combination for yourself to be the administrator. Be sure to check all of the boxes at the bottom of the screen. Click the "Update/Create User" button.

Then pull up the username you wish to change from the select list at the top of the page. Click the "Inquire" button. Deselect any permissions you don't want the person to have. Click the "Update/Create User" button.

Then go back to your .cfg file and change the settings back to what you had before. Upload the file.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/