Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

default.db records stored on one line

Quote Reply
default.db records stored on one line
The database is working fine but in the default.db file all the records are stored on one line?

Any suugestions would be appreciated.

a

Last edited by:

msavi: Jun 14, 2004, 7:01 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [msavi] default.db records stored on one line In reply to
I've never had that happen so I'm not sure why you database is doing it?? Except perhaps when I've removed a line manually and didn't leave a line break at the end.

Try adding a line break at the end of the last entry and then add another reord and see if it still saves it on the one line.

What modifications have you made to the files, other than setting up your .cfg, and the layouts for adding and viewing records?

Was the database created only using DBMan or have you used another program to enter or modify any of the records?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/

Last edited by:

LoisC: Jun 14, 2004, 10:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] default.db records stored on one line In reply to
Hi -
I inserted a line break and added a record. The new record was on a new line. I added additional records and they were all on the same line. It is like there is no line break after adding a record.

The only changes I made was to the default.cfg, the %db_def section to define my database. But even if I do not make any changes it happens.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [msavi] default.db records stored on one line In reply to
Would you be willing to make a .txt copy of your db.cgi, .cfg file and html.pl file and post the url to where they can be viewed.

I could then copy the files and test them on my server to see if I can help you figure this out.

If not, I would make a backup copy of your db file and then start with a new blank file and see if that makes a difference.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] default.db records stored on one line In reply to
Hi - There is no problem sending you the files but first let me tell you I took the dbman files once again from the zip file. I copied over all the original files. The only change I made was to $db_dir_url. I added a new record to the database it was added to a new line. Afterwards all other records I added was placed on the same line. It seems that there is no line break after adding a record.

Thanks for your help!

Avi