Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

authorization problems

Quote Reply
authorization problems
i have been using dbman for some time now with basically no problems. all of the sudden this week though, my users....including myself...have not been able to log in. i tried deleting the pass file and re-uploading it, but that didnt work. i also tried changing the authorization to 1 and permissions to 1:1:1:1:1, and the main menu screen comes up as expected. but when i go to the admin screen and try to add or alter a users info, i get an error saying that the pass file could not be accessed....reason: permission denied. what could be the problem? thanx....

chuck

Quote Reply
Re: authorization problems In reply to
Hi chuck, when you uploaded a new pass file, did you reset the permissions to (666)-rw-rw-rw-

Your error message is telling you -
reason: permission denied

Try resetting the permission and see if that works.

Quote Reply
thanx for the quick reply karen. no i didnt reset any of the permissions at all. where would i do that? in the auth.pl or in the .cfg file?

chuck

Quote Reply
Hi chuck, you're welcome!

Chuck, these are server permissions rather than permissions internal to the scripts themselves. Many FTP clients provide a method of setting file permissions - I'm guessing that you've done that at some point before since you've had the scripts running.

If you have telnet available on your account, you can set the permissions there also.

Review the README.txt file included with the DBMan download for additional info on necessary file permissions. Alex has included easy to follow instructions.

Quote Reply
ohhhhhh.....ok now i know what u mean! yes i can change those right from my ftp client. i'll try that then! thanx again!

chuck