Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Record Deleted: Show all fields

Quote Reply
Record Deleted: Show all fields
Hi,
I have installed DBMan and I was wondering if there is a way to have the delete_success page show not just the record ID (key), but all fields. In other words, when it says the following record has been deleted, I'd like for the user to be able to see the whole record that they just deleted.

I have searched this forum and the unofficial DBMan site and have not found anything with regard to this kind of customization. I also tried modifying the line:
my $message = shift, and it looks like it's only sending one value instead of the whole array. I don't know perl, and I don't know how to change this.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Michelle

Quote Reply
Re: [mathdragon] Record Deleted: Show all fields In reply to
The script hold the record ID (key) value through the script, but once you delete the record there is nothing left to display.

It is by then removed from the database.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Record Deleted: Show all fields In reply to
Well of course Lois you can print the contents of %in on the success page Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Record Deleted: Show all fields In reply to
RedRum,
How would I go about printing the contents of %in on the success page? I tried inserting the following on the success page:

&html_record_form(%in);

but it doesn't populate the form. The fields are left empty. I don't really know perl, so I have no idea whether what I tried has syntax or logical errors. I would appreciate any suggestions that you have.

Thanks bunches,
Michelle
Quote Reply
Re: [mathdragon] Record Deleted: Show all fields In reply to
What if you multi-delete, do you really want a huge page with all the records listed?

Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Record Deleted: Show all fields In reply to
I don’t anticipate that there will be many deletes with the database that I'm working on, so printing multiple deletes on a html page will not be a problem.

The database that I’m working with is a list of contacts that will probably change some, but not grow or shrink much. It will be maintained by only 1-2 non-technical people, and only those 1-2 people will have any editing permissions. As for deleting, if they could print out a page of the record or records that they just deleted then (just as the add and modify options show the record that was edited), then they could file away the hard copy for record-keeping purposes. Most non-technical people rely heavily on hard-copies, so I would like to provide this as an option (rather than them having to search & print before every delete).

I hope this has made sense. Do you know how I can print a record that was just deleted to the screen? Or, if not then perhaps a Preview-Record-Before-Deleting type of option … there is already a Preview Record mod out there for when adding a new record …

Thanks,
Michelle