Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Help me please

Quote Reply
Help me please
Hi,
I have installed db man and view database work fine, but if i wanna to add new user with the add form it doesn't work, the only way that i can add is with admin interface but i can sign in as an ordinary user?
Another thing is that i do the upload file (pic) mod ,and if i clic on upload file i have an internal server error.
if there is no file to upload it works fine where is the problem?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Help me please In reply to
1) To "add" users, you need to go to the signup form,

Code:

http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?signup_form=1

Discussed before in this forum.

2) About the File Upload Mod, it looks like you have not properly installed the MOD. I would compare the codes in the MOD instructions and the ones you've installed in your scripts. Also, discussion about Modifications should be posted in the DBMAN Customization Forum. Please read Forum descriptions more carefully. Thank you.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
1)
http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?signup_form=1

i do that, but my problem is that the script don't write to password file, don't add user entry. i am runing the script under indigoperl(apache server) on windows 2000 professional.

2)i have verified that all it's ok ,upload work on iis5 but no on indigo perl appache server.

Quote Reply
1) Then it sounds like file permission problem. Make sure that the default.pass file is set to READABLE and WRITABLE by Everyone user as a mimimum permission.

2) You are confusing client and server systems. IE is a client application, Apache is a web server.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
hi Eliot,
I sayed iis5 (internet information server) and not IE :-)
I sayed that upload work on iis5 but appache server (indigoperl for windows)
Thanks.

Quote Reply
Sorry, it originally looked like ie5 unless you edited your post. Wink

Anyway..again, the problem is with your folder/file permissions...triple check them.

bye.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
:-) on iis5 it's work which means that folders permission is ok. but on apache server (perlindigoà i have internal server error) and i don't have a commande line to set files 777 because i am on microsoft2000 platform.

Quote Reply
Well, like I mentioned for the third time now, it is definitely a permission problem. And you can change folder/file permissions via Windows Explorer using Properties option for the file/folder.

For more information on configuring DBMAN in Windows Servers, search the DBMAN Installation forum for Windows since this has been discussed quite a few times.

Regards,

Eliot Lee