Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Licence issues.

Quote Reply
Licence issues.
Hello,

I am new, and was wondering who the correct person would be to email, or respond to this post about people that use dbman in a commercial situation and have not purchased this on behalf of clients.

I know of approximately 3 - 4 sites that are using this and are unaware that their webdesigner has used dbman in a commercial sense.

I[/url] will read this post in a couple of days.
Quote Reply
Re: [colddog] Licence issues. In reply to
Well, perhaps you should first be sure that they did not acquire a license to use the script. There is no way to tell by looking at a site whether a license was purchased or not.

For instance I always encourage people even on commerical sites to include the link to Gossamer Threads even if they pay for the script. I myself have a few clients who purchased a license but I still included the link within all script pages to give credit to the script and encourage others to use it.

Is this how you are determining whether the script is being used for free?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Licence issues. In reply to
I can pretty much (99.9%) guarantee that they have never been paid for, and have been used for over 2 years on some of the sites, I know the history of the business that this is related to. I am unwilling to post links here, but as soon as some one gives me a email that will respond. I also write software and know that it is very upsetting to see your hard worked used for gain, without compensation. Even if these scripts where used outside of the commercial nature they should at least reference back to you in respect.

Last edited by:

colddog: May 15, 2002, 3:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [colddog] Licence issues. In reply to
I suggest you email tarrin@gossamer-threads.com and she will verify the licenses.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Licence issues. In reply to
Thanks,

After writing the email, I have come up with 20 possible breaches (9 that I am sure of that have been for financial gain), and there are more.

Last edited by:

colddog: May 15, 2002, 3:44 AM