Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Order of uploaded documents?

Quote Reply
Order of uploaded documents?
I am using DBMan modified to allow file uploads. When I upload files, they are listed in what appears to be a random order -- it doesn't match the order in which I attach them, nor does it appear to be related to the file name. How does DBMan order the uploaded files and how can I edit that?

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: [jgold723] Order of uploaded documents? In reply to
are you uploading multiple files per record or one file per record? if one file per record, you can easily set a Date field (or Updated date field) in your field definitions and sort by date created or date uploaded.
Quote Reply
Re: [delicia] Order of uploaded documents? In reply to
I'm uploading multiple files per record. The files are linked at the end of each record.
Quote Reply
Re: [jgold723] Order of uploaded documents? In reply to
someone else may know more than i do, but the only thing i would know would be to use the stat thing to read the files in the directory and sort by the file date. by stat i mean the function or command that can read a directory and report file size, date etc. if you look in the mod you'll see it referenced to be sure the file size is ok. i don't know how to reference the date but i'm sure it's available.