Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Help me figure out how to do this?

Quote Reply
Help me figure out how to do this?
Here is what my database is for:

I run a site that hosts a lot of guild homepages for EQ players. I want players to be able to create their characters in the database, then for the homepage to be able to link to a listing of everyone in their guild. I assume this would be a url with search terms in it that display a search for "[guild name]" but I'm not really sure how to go about it... when I tried a search I got a huuuuuuuuge url with a thingie for every single field in the form...
Quote Reply
Re: [OpalCat] Help me figure out how to do this? In reply to
So you deleted the blank search terms in the url, and what happened? Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [oldmoney] Help me figure out how to do this? In reply to
That was the first thing I did. It gave me an error.
Quote Reply
Re: [OpalCat] Help me figure out how to do this? In reply to
DBMan does not require all fields to be passed in a search form. The search form you were using had every field present, but if you created a search form with just one field, that should work too.

Can't tell ya why you got an internal server error... you shouldn't have.
Quote Reply
For example, this monstrous URL...

http://www.houstongamers.org/cgi-bin/hg2001/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&ID=&Title=evercamp&Times=&Rating=&Date=&Userid=&sb=---&so=ascend&mh=10&view_records=View+Records

...prolly could be shortened to...
http://www.houstongamers.org/cgi-bin/hg2001/db.cgi?Title=evercamp&view_records=1

...with no modification assuming you were using default permissions (e.g. no login required to view records).

With a slight mod, you could get rid of the view_records=1 key/value as well (which I'm guessing may have caused the server error).
Quote Reply
I think that the problem was the first time I tried it, I didn't notice that there was more stuff at the end of the url than just search terms, so I had just deleted everything after the 'guild' search item. It works when done right, now.
Quote Reply
Quote:

Laugh LOL. Thanks, I needed that.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Help me figure out how to do this? In reply to
In Reply To:
Quote:

Laugh LOL. Thanks, I needed that.

Heh... and that wasn't even the joke. Any MMORPG's here notice Title?