Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

FTP Package

Quote Reply
FTP Package
Forgive me I know it is Off Topic, but those here will know exactly what it is I am trying to overcome, and hence the best FTP program to use.

When using dbman, and trialling little changes etc, I have to upload the files manually each time to get my ftp software to set the right permissions etc. If I try and do it with the synchronise facility, it seems to fail in maintaining the permissions that I have previously set on the files. Now as I am developing a trial site built around 9 or 10 databases, this is proving to be a pain in the ass (or butt - depending on which side of the water you are on!) because of all the files that need to be uploaded each time I cahnge the layout and information etc.

Can anyone tell me of an ftp program that will do this automatically?

I currently use ws-ftp pro, (if I am missing something on this software that will get it to do it right then please tell me!

Please don't flame, this information must surely be of use to fellow dbman user :-))

Rick

Quote Reply
Re: FTP Package In reply to
I use AceFTP...which works very well.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Forgive me I know it is Off Topic, but those here will know exactly what it is I am trying to overcome, and hence the best FTP program to use.
I use CuteFTP (stupid name but does it all!)
It can be found here:
http://www.globalscape.com

easy does it
Quote Reply
I think LeapFTP is the best I've used so far - and I've used quite a few

Quote Reply
I'm gave up on WS_FTP as well and now use FTP Voyager. One of it's best features is that it displys the permissions of the files whenever it lists them and I think it has a better split screen for drag-n-drop file transfers. Haven't yet tried the automatic sync feature but it has one too. Check out the demo at (what else) http://www.ftpvoyager.com

Quote Reply
Thanks for the tip, I like the look of it and having had a preview of the screenshots etc, am now off to download it!

Cheers - Rick