Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Dreamweaver changing attributes

Quote Reply
Dreamweaver changing attributes
I use Dreamweaver for my work on the program. I can edit all files and upload in ASCII successfully. The only thing killing me is that whenever I upload db.cgi, the attributes are changed to 644. Is there any way I can change this? This is weird as there is no way to even change attributes within Dreamweaver.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: [jnjhost] Dreamweaver changing attributes In reply to
I don't know anything about Dreamweaver, but the only thing I can suggest is that you use something else to upload your files.

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] Dreamweaver changing attributes In reply to
Well, I use Dreamweaver because I know it. And since I do very little changing of db.cgi, it is only a little peave. I do go in with another program to change the attributes when I make an edit.

What are you using to edit and upload your files? Maybe I don't have the best solution for DBMan.

Chris
Quote Reply
I use a really nice simple text editor called "NoteTab". Which is available free from http://notetab.com/

I use this for creating all my web pages and also working with scripts.

To upload using FTP there is a great little program called "leechftp". It's no longer maintained but is a great little free program.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/

Last edited by:

LoisC: Jan 28, 2006, 5:55 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Dreamweaver changing attributes In reply to
I do use LeechFTP. After using many, that is the most bulletproof. Never had a problem with it.

I'll try NoteTab. By the way, www.notetab.com doesn't work for some reason. I went to www.fookes.com/notetab. Seems they have an HTML authoring upgrade. I need the help so I may go that way.

Chris
Quote Reply
I use EditPlus to edit my files, which is not free, but it's not expensive. And I use CuteFTP to upload.

The default permissions when you upload a file are 644. You have to change the permissions with your FTP program.

JPD
----------------------------------------------------
JPDeni's DBMan-ual
How to ask questions the smart way.
Quote Reply
Re: [JPDeni] Dreamweaver changing attributes In reply to
Since we're on the subject...

I use TextPad to edit and WS_FTP to upload. TextPad is "nag ware" but not very expensive and WS_FTP is the win95 version (works perfectly fine on XP) and is "share ware" for personal use.