Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Discussions :

Delete/Modify AND record confirmation do not w

Quote Reply
Delete/Modify AND record confirmation do not w
Hi,

Firstly, I can't delete nor modify my own or others' posts as an admin although everything else (searching, displaying records) works.

Error: Record(s) Not Deleted
The records with the following keys were not found in the database: 'no records specified'.

Secondly, when I have added a new record, the confirmation-form of the new record I have added shows an empty form. Still, the confirming message says:

The following record was successfully added to the database: (EMPTY) although the record can be displayed in View or other modes.

Any idea? Please let me know.

Seasky
Quote Reply
Re: Delete/Modify AND record confirmation do not w In reply to
Did this just start happening, or did it happen after you installed an additional mod?

I have found when things like this happen it is generally due to having a misplaced ending curly bracket.

Or is this a brand new database?

Unoffical DBMan FAQ
http://webmagic.hypermart.net/dbman/
Quote Reply
Since the reply-button finally showed up I'll be able to reply, LoisC (I already did in a private message).

But you can help me out here, if you please (anyone might!):

Reading the manual (readme.txt) I understand that one can get an excerpt of the database on the fly (without having to log in), by using this string:
http://server.com/db/db.cgi?db=parents&view_records=1&Country=Bengali
if the database is called _parents_ and the country is listed in the database as _Bengali_.

Well, it doesn't work! And now with the password addons and so on, as the database works fine from within, I wouldn't do any unnecessary changes on my own.

Greetings
Seasky

Quote Reply
You are missing &uid=default.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot,
a detail not to forget, thus effective!

Seasky